The StationPlaylist Workshop!
A Training Course for Users of JAWS for Windows and StationPlaylist.
For many years, the StationPlaylist software has been the tool of choice through which blind people broadcast their radio shows or even run their own stations. We know this because there are hundreds of StationPlaylist users on our customer database. If you use the software, are you getting the most from it or do you just work with the features you need?
The "Broadcast It" audio tutorial produced some time ago teaches a new user how to work with many aspects of StationPlaylist Studio (for broadcasting audio), StationPlaylist Creator (for managing schedules), and StationPlaylist Streamer (for sending output over the internet if external devices are being used). However, during the past year or two, the developers of this amazing product suite have created new features not described in the tutorial. This new training course is for people who are using any one of the StationPlaylist products who want to improve the quality of their radio output and station management.
Hartgen Consultancy are ideally placed to run this training course. The JAWS scripts we have created and sell, in our view, provide unparalelled access to many features of the StationPlaylist products. We both sell and support the entire SPL product range. Finally, our internet radio station, Team-FM, is hosted exclusively using StationPlaylist tools and we take advantage of the vast majority of the features on offer in that regard.
What Will I Learn?
The course is divided into four sessions, each of which will last 60 minutes. Topics include, but are not restricted to:
- Changes to the Options Dialog.
- Customising V5.2 settings for optimum use.
- Creating Song Hooks for upcoming promotion, both manually and automatically.
- Voice-Tracking: Remote versus local, advantages and disadvantages.
- Using remote voice tracking to good effect.
- Voice-tracking shows to be played on a local PC, including use of the SPL Recorder.
- Replay Gain.
- Customising Metadata to include what's coming next.
- Preparing Cue Sheets and what they are.
- Working with Break Notes.
Who is the Course For?
This course is suited to anyone who is familiar with many of the functions of StationPlaylist Studio and Creator if appropriate and who would like to build on existing skills. You should be familiar with how your screen-reader functions together with Windows concepts, such as how to navigate around applications.
There will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions regarding the topics under discussion, however this is achieved in a structured manner. This ensures that you can focus on learning the concepts being taught and easily refer back to sections of the archive recording at a later date.
If I Purchase the Course, What Will I Receive?
The course will be delivered online via our accessible Talking Communities server. If you have not used this conferencing software before, you will receive instructions prior to the commencement of the course. This software allows for the delivery of the presentation, including the output from the screen-reading software.
The course will give to you:
- Four lessons starting 19 April 2017. Each lesson will begin at 7 PM UK time, (2 PM Eastern), each Wednesday.
- An audio recording of each lesson in MP3 format.
- Text documentation to reinforce topics covered in the lessons. This will include a comprehensive list of keystrokes so as to achieve all tasks.
- An email list active prior to (and during) the course so you can ask questions outside tuition time.
The proposed dates for the course sessions are as follows:
- 19 April;
- 26 April;
- 3 May;
- 10 May.
If you cannot take part on those dates, you can still gain plenty of benefit, since you will receive all the lessons in audio format and accompanying documentation, as well as being able to ask questions through the Email list provided to you.
All recordings, documentation and the Talking Communities chat room are accessed through a secure area of our website which is only available to course participants.
The cost of the course is £50 which is currently $61. Payment should reach us by Wednesday 12 April.
Purchase The StationPlaylist Workshop Online.
Alternatively, anyone who would like to take part in the course should register their interest by sending an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, whereupon a fully accessible electronic invoice will be sent to you which can be paid through PayPal or any major credit or debit card. Orders can also be placed by telephone:
- Call us (from within the UK): 02920-850298.
- Call us (from the United States): 415-871-0626.
- Call us (from any other country): (+44)2920-850298.
If you would like to read the views from participants of our previous courses, please Visit our Training area.
It is important that you have:
- Good keyboarding skills.
- A computer with an internet connection.
- A microphone so as to ask questions within the course.
- The JAWS for Windows screen-reader.
- StationPlaylist software version 5.20.
The StationPlaylist suite of products is the most accessible means of broadcasting to a very high standard. Get yourself into the studio and bring your radio shows and station to the next level!