Hartgen Consultancy - a One Stop Shop For All Your JAWS Needs
JAWS for Windows is a powerful accessibility solution that reads information on your screen using synthesized speech. JAWS provides many useful commands
that make it easier to use programs, edit documents, and read Web pages. With a refreshable braille display, JAWS can also provide braille output in addition
to, or instead of, speech. An array of versatile features and customizable options lets you tailor JAWS for your individual needs and preferences.
When purchasing a JAWS licence or upgrade from Hartgen Consultancy, you will receive friendly sales and support from a Consultant who has been using the product for 18 years and who has been a JAWS Beta Tester for 12 years. I have installed JAWS (and trained people within) a wide range of technical and home environments. All of the products developed by Hartgen Consultancy rely upon the JAWS screen-reader. When you purchase JAWS from us, you can do so with confidence, knowing that the after-sales support is going to be of a high standard.
- Two multi-lingual synthesizers: Eloquence and Vocalizer Expressive.
- Talking installation.
- Built-in free DAISY Player and full set of DAISY-formatted basic training books.
- Works with Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and much more.
- Supports Windows 8, including touch screens and gestures
- Fast information look-up at your fingertips with Research It.
- Access any image on the screen that includes text with Convenient OCR.
- Save time with Skim Reading.
- The only Windows screen reader to provide contracted Braille input from your Braille keyboard.
- JAWS Tandem available for free to help with support and training.
- Optional support for Citrix, Terminal Services, and Remote Desktop.
- Powerful scripting language to customize the user experience on any application.
- Includes drivers for all popular Braille displays.
Pricing and Ordering
Please telephone us to place an order for a JAWS product on 02920-850298. This is important as charges may vary from those stated depending upon the JAWS version you are currently using. Sales are processed for residents of the United Kingdom only. Note that shipping charges may apply.
|JAWS Home Licence Upgrade||From £110||Jaws Home replaces Jaws Standard. If you represent a company or organisation, you require the Professional edition. JAWS Home is available to all private users and will function with all Windows operating systems supported by the screen-reader.||JAWS Professional Upgrade||£169.00||This product should be purchased by companies and organisations. It is important to verify that you do own a copy of JAWS Professional prior to upgrading.|
|JAWS Home User Licence||£659||The JAWS screen-reader single user licence for home and private use.|
|JAWS Professional||£845||The JAWS screen-reader single user licence for companies and organisations.|
|JAWS Home licence Software Maintenance Agreement||£175.50||Allows you to receive the next two JAWS Home Licence paid for upgrades. Requires that your existing licence is the currently shipping version.||JAWS Professional Software Maintenance Agreement||£240||Allows you to receive the next two JAWS Professional paid for upgrades. Requires that your existing licence is the currently shipping version.|
|JAWS Timed Licence (90 Days)||£150||Ideal if you cannot afford the full cost of JAWS right away. The 90 day period begins when the product is activated for the first time. This product is sent to you electronically with no physical media provided. At the end of the licence period, you can purchase a further activation for another 90 days.|
To use JAWS for Windows, you need a personal computer running Microsoft® Windows® with the following:
- Windows® 10, 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server® 2012, and Windows Server 2008.
- Processor speed. Minimum 1.5 GHz processor.
- Memory. (RAM) 4 GB recommended (64-bit)
2 GB recommended (32-bit).
- Required hard disk space. 20 MB to 690 MB required per voice for installing Vocalizer Expressive, Vocalizer Direct, or RealSpeak Solo Direct voices (file sizes will vary depending on the voice installed).
- Video. A display adapter capable of at least 800 x 600 screen resolution with 16-bit color (1024 x 768 screen resolution with 32-bit color recommended).
- Sound. Windows compatible sound card (for speech).
You May Also Like:
- Accessible Broadcasting
- Making Applications Accessible with JAWS
- Training in the Use of JAWS
When you activate any one of the links below, you will leave the hartgen.org domain.